Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Inc.
Job Posting for Office Manager
Job Title: Office Manager; Classification: Full-time exempt; Department: Administration; Reports To: Executive Director
Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Inc. (LCL) is a lawyer assistance program that operates various programs including the Law Office Management Assistance Program (Mass LOMAP) and undertakes initiatives in support of its mission. LCL’s mission is to promote well-being and resilience in the legal community, improve lives, nurture competence, and elevate the standing of the legal profession. To fulfill this mission, LCL provides free and confidential mental health resources, addiction recovery support, well-being and practice management services to lawyers, judges, law students, and other legal professionals in Massachusetts.
LCL executive director seeks an office manager, who can also provide executive level administrative assistance to the executive director, as needed. Some remote work may be possible. This position is responsible overseeing the general administration of the office including the work of the administrative assistant and assisting the executive director with administrative tasks, as needed.
The successful candidate will have excellent judgment, be well organized, have excellent oral and written communication skills, have excellent interpersonal skills, be thoughtful, detail oriented, able to anticipate issues and respond appropriately to changing circumstances, and be experienced working collaboratively with diverse teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Substantial prior experience as an office manager, executive assistant or other project management role and significant experience performing various administrative and clerical tasks including typing, filing, managing calendars, answering phones, and distributing information in an office setting;
- BA degree or AA degree with extensive prior managerial experience
- Experience working in an office setting, facility with relevant technology including without limitation Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, and Adobe and any degree in a related field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Monitor and track payroll, PTO, invoices, and other HR functions performed by third party vendors; receive and track complaints and maintain compliance documents
- Maintain and manage statistical data in Sharepoint database, run reports, and maintain and manage contact list of employees, clients and third parties.
- Prepares expense reports as required
- Documents and distributes weekly staff meeting minutes to staff
- Coordinate and organize events and meetings for the executive director and other meetings including Board meetings, annual Board meeting, Oversight Committee meeting, and Annual Dinner
- Receive, organize, and prioritize communications on behalf of the executive director
- Proofread and edit written work and material including letters and articles as requested.
- Provides training, supervision, and backup support to administrative assistant
- Researches and prepares special projects as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills both, written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent judgment
- High degree of integrity and trustworthiness
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Able to anticipate issues and concerns, present possible solutions, and ability to initiate implementation
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and work on multiple tasks
- Computer literate and tech savvy
- Collaborative willing to listen actively, incorporate new information and adjust position without compromising values and integrity
- Ability to work well with individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and identities
- Model behaviors expected of all LCL employees by:
- Cultivating a positive work environment
- Prioritizing and setting manageable goals
- Being efficient with time at work
- Communicating effectively with management, staff, members, clients, visitors, and the public
- Being flexible and taking criticism constructively
HELPFUL ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience working with individuals in addiction recovery and experiencing challenges to mental health.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Must have the ability to: sit in one place for an extended period; communicate effectively using the telephone, TDD, scanner, and computer; and lift up to 35 pounds.
Please send your cover letter and resume directed to the attention by January 31, 2022: Stacey A. L. Best, Executive Director. Please click below to submit your documents.
Job Posting for Senior Law Practice Management Advisor
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
We aren’t currently hiring for any clinical positions.