WINTER – SPRING 2022
Sessions Resume January 6th, Meeting Ongoing Each 1st & 3rd Thursday at 12pm
Free & Confidential
for Law Students in Massachusetts
Is anxiety or panic interfering with school?
Are you worried that the transition seems to be more difficult than you expected?
Is low mood, or poor sleep, procrastination, avoidance, impacting performance at school?
Is stress of returning to school taking a toll on your sense of wellbeing?
Please join your peers along with LCL staff clinicians Barbara Bowe, LICSW and Tracey Meyers, Psy.D. for a new support group for law students who may be struggling with one or more of these challenges for law students. Our Support Group Meetings are designed specifically for law students in law schools throughout Massachusetts who may be facing anxiety, doubts, or feeling overwhelmed. Peer support groups can provide a helpful and compassionate space to explore challenges and develop new and fresh approaches to beginning bar preparation. This group will be offered virtually on November 18th and December 2nd at 12pm and resume in 2022 on a twice per month basis (1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month).
During the group meetings, we will explore a variety of topics, including:
- Reducing performance and test anxiety,
- Imposter syndrome
- Using time wisely
- Building coping strategies
- Enhancing positive-self-talk to achieve success
- This is a support and discussion group, and not a therapy group.
- The intention of this support group is to build community and peer support.
- It is completely confidential, and attendance will not impact any potential character and fitness standards for the Bar or other future employment.
- Participation will require both video and audio. If doing it from a smartphone, the phone needs to be positioned in a stable way.
- It is not a group for talking about specific coursework or assignments. It is for discussing thoughts, feelings, coping, adapting.
You’ll receive access information in your registration confirmation.