Tuesday, February 1st (12pm – 1pm)
Tuesday, February 8th (12pm – 1pm)
Tuesday, February 15th (12pm – 1pm)
Tuesday, February 22nd (12pm – 1pm)
Free & Confidential for the Massachusetts Legal Profession
Start 2022 with our 4-week interactive online series designed for lawyers, law students, and law firm staff who want to apply mindfulness and resilience to their work and personal lives. We will meet weekly for one hour to build the skills to begin a sustainable meditation practice.
We know that mindfulness can help to develop greater calmness, improve work focus and concentration and manage our personal fears and anxieties during these difficult times. However, it is often challenging to know how to actually start to meditate and then keep the practice going.
This 4-week introduction to mindfulness is designed for participants to learn the basic tools of mindfulness, establish a daily meditation practice, and learn about the science behind why mindfulness works! There will be a strong emphasis on practicing the following mindfulness skills:
- Utilizing mindful grounding techniques to manage anxiety.
- Harnessing the power of the breath to reduce stress.
- Compassionate body scan to establish an embodied and kind relationship with your body.
- Chair yoga – mindful movement to enhance our body’s resilience.
- How to overcome negative self-talk, core limiting beliefs, and internalized shame.
- Connect with positive emotions that create more compassion and understanding toward self and others.
- Loving-awareness practice to see the inner beauty of those around you and most importantly to include yourself!
- Learn about the foundations of mindfulness – what it is and how to use it to improve one’s own mental and physical health.
- Learn how to develop a customized personal mindfulness practice using the tools of breath awareness, walking meditation, and mindful yoga.
- Develop an understanding of how mindfulness techniques can be supportive in the workplace, in interpersonal relationships, and family life.
- Understand how a personal mindfulness practice can help you connect with positive emotions that create more ease in everyday life.