November 2, 2020 12:00 pm
- Monday, November 2 (12pm – 1pm)
- Monday, November 9 (12pm – 1pm)
- Monday, November 16 (12pm – 1pm)
- Monday, November 23 (12pm – 1pm)
Free & Confidential
For Lawyers, Law Students, and Judges
Just in time for election results and the holidays, this 4-week interactive online program is designed for lawyers, law students, judges, and other legal professionals interested in learning how to apply mindfulness and resilience to their work and personal lives. We will meet weekly for one hour over four weeks to build the skills to begin a sustainable meditation practice.
Now is the time to start practicing mindfulness. We know that mindfulness can help to develop greater calmness, improve work focus and concentration and manage our personal fears and anxieties during these difficult times. However, it is often challenging to know how to actually start to meditate and then keep the practice going. This 4-week introduction to mindfulness is designed for participants to learn the basic tools of mindfulness, establish a daily meditation practice, and learn about the science behind why mindfulness works!
There will be a strong emphasis on practicing the following mindfulness skills:
- Utilizing mindful grounding techniques to manage anxiety.
- Harnessing the power of the breath to reduce stress.
- Compassionate body scan to establish an embodied and kind relationship with your body.
- Chair yoga – mindful movement to enhance our body’s resilience.
- How to overcome negative self-talk, core limiting beliefs, and internalized shame.
- Connect with positive emotions that create more compassion and understanding toward self and others.
- Loving-awareness practice to see the inner beauty of those around you and most importantly to include yourself!
- Learn about the foundations of mindfulness – what it is and how to use it to improve one’s own mental and physical health.
- Learn how to develop a customized personal mindfulness practice using the tools of breath awareness, walking meditation, and mindful yoga.
- Develop an understanding of how mindfulness techniques can be supportive in the workplace, in interpersonal relationships, and family life.
- Understand how a personal mindfulness practice can help you connect with positive emotions that create more ease in everyday life.
A note to be aware of in advance: Participation will require both video and audio. If joining from a smartphone, the phone needs to be positioned in a stable way.